The Vampire Diaries’ hilarious Chris Wood (Kai) and Chris Brochu (Luke) attended Creation Entertainment’s annual TVD fan convention in Chicago, Illinois (April;. 17 – 19). Cast members appearing this year include Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley. Michael Trevino, Zach Roerig, Michael Malarkey, Chris Wood, Daniel Gillies, Matt Davis, Sebastian Roche, Chris Brochu and David Alpay with Chase R. Coleman,and Micah Parker serving as hosts for the weekend, They appear in Q&A panels for the fans, sign autographs and take photos with fans. They appeared for a panel Friday evening and then again on Saturday afternoon. Below are some quotes from their panels as well as photos shared by fans.
- Chris Wood says “I just found out I’m being shipped with Bonnie. Bonkai. What is wrong with you people!?”
- Chris Wood jokes that “Mrs. Cuddles is leaving us. She was too frisky on set.”
- A fan: “What are you two on? You’re crazy.” and Chris Brochu replies “A little bit of love, little bit of life, little bit of brothership.”
- They try to make their eyes go white.
- Chris Wood reveals he got fake blood in his contact lens and there are a few scenes in the finale where he has a slightly red eye.
- Chris and Chris try to do magic.
- Chris Brochu answers “For me growing up it was just movies.” and Chris Wood asks”Did you say movies or boobies?”
- Chris Wood shares “I took Spanish in high school and I was really bad at it. No bueno. I speak body language.”
- Chris Wood on Kai “He makes you laugh and then he kills you. What’s more terrifying than that?”
- A fan asks “What’s the craziest thing you’ve done to celebrate your birthday?” and Chris Wood jokes “It was my first birthday with Chris [Brochu] inside me.”
- Chris Wood says “It’s the inside that counts for me… As you know, from being inside of me.”
- Chris Brochu:jokes to Chris “You’re a liar, red velvet. You’re just chocolate.” Chris Wood says “You can be inside me.” and it’s just inappropriate, and it just keeps going.
- Chris and Chris are have a lot of fun with their new knowledge of the word “ship”
- Chris Wood says “Nothing’s ever impossible on The Vampire Diaries.”
- “I had plenty of people tell me I’m crazy. Turns out I am. And now I’m getting paid for it.” – Chris Wood on playing Kai.
- They said they all filled a kiddie pool with whipped cream to pie Nina with a giant pie. They threw it all on her after her last scene.
- As a prank they say they stole Chris Wood’s chair and put it in the back of Chris Brochu’s car.
- Chris Wood shares that there’s quite the chance that Kai gets out of the prison world.
- Pick up lines from their characters would be “Hey baby, you look sane. Let me kill you.” for Kai and for Luke “Damn girl your makeup is fresh, do you have a brother?”
- Chris Wood jokes “Do they still write in their diaries? ‘Dear diary, today Kai kidnapped me. It was sorta fun.’ and then pretending to be Elena: “Sometimes my hair is straight. But mostly in flashbacks.” And then “Season 79 on TVD. ‘Dear Diary, arthritis is terrible. I wish I would’ve picked vampirism.'”
- Chris Wood reads his mentions on stage and some disturbing tweets.
- Chris Brochu looks for his favorite emjoi on his phone and Chris Wood reveals his favorite emoji is the fried shrimp and says “Yeah the poop smiley face is a great one.”
- Chris Brochu reads some “get to know you” questions to Chris Wood and Chris Wood shares her prefers boxer briefs. He likes chocolate ice cream. His childhood crush is Topanga. He likes the beach and Target.
- Chris Brochu says he would be Sheriff Forbes if he had to choose a TVD character to be and Chris Wood jokes “You being a woman, a sheriff, having a vampire for a daughter?”
- Chris Wood says his favorite childhood TV show is ‘Boy Meets World.;
- Chris Brrochu likes to eat Sun Chips.
- Chris Brochu suggests they play “Murder, Merge, Marry: TVD characters.” Chris Wood:answers “Marry Bonnie. Merge with Mrs. Cuddles. I’m gonna murder everyone else.”
- Chris Brochu asks Wood his favorite curse word so Wood pretended to curse while Brochu beeped into the microphone.
- Chris Wood asks Brochu his favorite state and he replies “Chicago.” Chris Wood laughs so hard he had to leave the stage.
- They tell the fans to say “Imm so sorry I asked” after every question.
- A fan asks “Are you best friends in real life?” and Chris Brochu replies “Yep. After he took my soul, there was just this connection.”
- They do impressions of each others characters.
- Chris Wood tells the audience to download Chris Brochu’s song on iTunes, “Playing House”
- Chris Brochu jokes that “Mystic falls has an artisan cheese shop and that’s where Kai is.” and Chris Wood agrees “That’s where he hangs out.”
- Chris Wood talks about how he and Paul sent each other fan edits.
- A fan: asks Chris Wood if he felt bad killing Chris Brochi off the show and Chris Wood says “No.”Chris Brochu adds “No remorse.”
RELATED | TVD Chicago – Michael Malarkey Panel