FX announced for San Diego Comic Con International 2015 a massive fan experience titled, the “FX Fearless Arena’ will consume the entire Hilton Bayfront Hotel Park next to the San Diego Convention Center. Beginning Thursday, July 9th and to Sunday, July 12th fans can visit this theme park style adventure and experience massive activations! Fans can challenge themselves in The Bastard Executioner’s Medieval Forest, check into the American Horror Story Hotel, enter the virtual reality world of The Strain, enter Fargo‘s Snow Globe as well as get a 12 day trial of FXNOW with special collectible trading cards. Get all the details below!
Prove your fearlessness by entering a live-action virtual reality experience inspired by The Strain, the vampire thriller from Carlton Cuse and Guillermo del Toro, based off the best-selling book trilogy by del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Using the Samsung Gear VR – powered by the Galaxy Note 4, fans will be taken on a two-and-a-half-minute adventure created exclusively for Comic-Con and featuring series regular Kevin Durand (“Vasiliy Fet”). It’s the perfect preview for the second season of The Strain, which premieres on FX on Sunday, July 12th at 10 PM ET/PT.
American Horror Story: Hotel
Ryan Murphy’s hit anthology horror series American Horror Story is back this fall with its fifth installment, Hotel, and FX is building a two-story model hotel to give viewers a taste of the era. Then fans will be able to venture inside one of eight “gifting suites” in order to capture the most flying bills and earn prizes.
The Bastard Executioner
“Escape the Forest” is the ideal duel inspired by Kurt Sutter’s upcoming medieval drama The Bastard Executioner. Visitors don the mantle of “warriors” and square off against each other to prove their prowess with a high striker, a cross-bow, and a final puzzle challenge that will help them escape the “forest” and win a TBX-themed hooded t-shirt. The Bastard Executioner will debut on FX this fall.
Aw jeez, a blizzard in San Diego? Step inside a giant 20-foot inflatable snow globe featuring snow flurries and a façade of a Waffle Hut – a key location in the second installment of the award-winning limited series Fargo which returns to FX this fall.
Numerous other on-site installations and opportunities for prizes, collectibles and more are available:
- Archer-themed water fountain shaped like Pam Poovey’s Dolphin Puppet.
- It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia sunscreen station.
- Concert button giveaways for Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll.
- The Kwik-E-Mart Truck will be on-site on Saturday, July 11th offering free Squishees in honor of The Simpsons, whose entire 26-season run is available exclusively on FXX and FXNOW.
- Sweepstakes featuring a grand prize trip to a luxury hotel in Los Angeles or New York City.
- A mega LED wall showing clips of FX Networks shows, as well as a live social-media scroll featuring #FXSDCC
- Premiums including The Bastard Executioner t-shirts, American Horror Story key chains, and waffle-scented Fargo air fresheners.
- Complete limited edition collectible trading card sets – and complimentary carry cases – with cards from American Horror Story, Fargo and The Strain. Cards include code for a 12-day trial access to FXNOW.
Fans will be able to register for the activations early by going to www.fxsdcc.com beginning July 7th. The first 2,500 pre-registered fans who visit the Arena will receive a free, exclusive FX Fearless giant tote bag in the Welcome Area. Must be 18 or older to participate in activations for The Strain, The Bastard Executioner and American Horror Story: Hotel.