Celebrating 75 Years of Wonder Woman with the Invisible Jet Experience!
Some of the most fun experiences at Comic-Con are the offsides, and we had the chance to head down to the Invisible Jet reveal from DC and Warner Brothers Consumer Products to celebrate 75 years of Wonder Woman!
Full disclosure: While we were looking for this event, we actually ended up on the wrong street. At first, we thought, “Is the invisible jet actually invisible? Was this all one elaborate hoax?” But never fear, there was an invisible jet! A half-jet in clear plastic bubbling out of clouds, fans can enter in their Wonder Woman gear (cape, tiara and gauntlets were provided) and get their photo on!
Be aware, it is a giant clear plastic plane-shaped bubble, so it will get pretty hot in there, which might affect when you want to go check it out. But we had a lot of fun in the Invisible Jet! Head down there and tag your photos with #WonderWoman75!
And now for some fun facts about the invisible jet!
- Since debuting in Sensation Comics #1 (January 1942), Wonder Woman’s Invisible Jet has become as iconic as Wonder Woman herself
- The jet as the ability to move quietly at supersonic speeds, making it virtually undetectable. It also has the ability to shift from its transparent mode to complete invisibility, rendering both itself and its occupants invisible.
- It’s Wonder Woman’s chief mode of transportation
- Wonder Woman controls the jet telepathically, even from great distances
- The jet was made of amazilkon, a form of elastic amazonium, the harder known substance on earth
- The Invisible Jet is one of Wonder Woman’s most valuable assets and one of the most unique in any super hero’s arsenal
About the Invisible Jet at SDCC…
- Made from the same material used to make space blankets
- It took 475 man hours to build
- The backdrop alone weights 800 lbs, about as much as a vending machine
- The vacuum machine used to form the plastic was about 300 degrees Fahrenheit
What do you think? Will you spend some time at the Invisible Jet Experience at San Diego Comic-Con?
The Wonder Woman Invisible Jet Experience is located at:
530 Island Avenue (on the corner of Island and 6th), San Diego, CA 92101
— TV After Dark (@TVAfterDark) July 21, 2016